[dm-devel] mapper device perms on reboot

Scott Moseman scmoseman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 14:29:20 UTC 2008

I removed the multipath, rebooted, made successful tests the HBA and
NIC, reinstalled multipath, rebooted and this time the I/O works fine!
 After my initial multipath install, I partitioned, formated and
mounted the LUNs to verify they were working.  I think that must've
caused some kind of corruption that would not allow them to work with
my Oracle installation until they were reset fresh.  Interesting.
What a fun process that was to go through.

For the Oracle 10g record, I used the /dev/dm-* devices instead of the
mapper devices.  Permissions were able to be set and there's no
problem accessing the devices.

Thanks,
Scott