[dm-devel] Help regarding dm library interface -- "libdevmapper"

Tapan Chaudhari tapan.list at gmail.com
Tue May 13 05:27:53 UTC 2008

Hi All,
   This is my first post on this mailing list, so please forgive me if I am
asking this question in the wrong forum.

I am a beginner and am trying to develop a new target for device-mapper
which is quite similar to snapshot. I have gone through dm-snap.c, but I am
not able to understand how LVM2 uses dm library i.e "libdevmapper"
interfaces to communicate to the kernel device mapper. Can you point me to
some link which describes these interfaces and how to use them or any kind
of help which would help me understand dm library interfaces.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
--Tapan.