[dm-devel] dm-ioband utility tool update (LVM support)

KAIZUKA Hiroyuki kaizuka at valinux.co.jp
Thu May 29 10:19:50 UTC 2008

Hi, everyone,

iobandctl has been updated.
It came to be able to deal with LVM Volume Groups.

iobandctl is an administration tool to realize disk I/O bandwidth control
using dm-ioband, which is an I/O bandwidth controller implemented as a
device-mapper driver. You can find dm-ioband at:
http://people.valinux.co.jp/~ryov/dm-ioband

Changes from previous version:
*  LVM support.
  o You can specify a Volume Group for the device name on "create" subcommand.
    Ioband devices are created per LV involved in the VG.
  o "create" subcommand has come not to try to create already existing ioband
    devices. This helps you to create an ioband device which will map on to
    newly added Logical Volume.
  o You can specify Logical Volumes for the device name on "weight" subcommand.
  o You can specify Volume Groups or Logical Volumes for the device name on
    "group", "showconfig", and "status" subcommand.
  o You can specify a Volume Group or a Logical Volume for the device name on
    "destroy" subcommand. Now, it is possible to delete each ioband device,
    not all ioband devices involved in the specified device.
* Fixed a bug, when resetting ioband device statistics counter.

Limitations:
* iobandctl does not support the "weight-iosize" policy yet, which has been
  newly added to dm-ioband v1.0.0.

For more details, please refer to:
http://people.valinux.co.jp/~kaizuka/dm-ioband/iobandctl/

Thanks,