[dm-devel] Re: [BUG] dm-mpath and scsi persistent reservation

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Wed Oct 22 19:54:02 UTC 2008

It seems to me the device handler infrastructure proposes to translate
scsi error codes from requests generated by the device handler itself. I
don't know how we can detect a reservation conflict from a device
handler without submitting a dangerous write io.

I don't see how we could use a device handler to translate an scsi error
code from a write io submitted to the multipath device map. Do you ?

Regards,
cvaroqui