[dm-devel] [patch]: [multipath-tool] Add check for removeddevice in rdac checker

Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com
Tue Oct 28 09:41:08 UTC 2008

Konrad Wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:11:28AM -0500, Yanqing_Liu at Dell.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This patch adds a check for removed device in rdac checker. After
> > volume access inquiry returns, the checker will check the peripheral
> > qualifier field to see if the device is deleted/unmapped. If so,
mark
> > path as failed.

> How does multipathd behaves when this fix is not in? Does it still
mark the path down? I would presume so, but it would take longer (the
default SCSI timeout value?)

Absolutely. But that would also be after some IOs on the failed path and
the device being marked offline. Instead if the controller device is
intelligent to support a feature to know if the path is down through an
inquiry then it is worth marking the path down earlier.

Thanks for reviewing.

-Shyam Iyer.