[dm-devel] RE: Temporarily squelching multipathd errors

Daniel Keisling daniel.keisling at austin.ppdi.com
Thu Oct 30 15:48:54 UTC 2008

When adding or removing LUNs, I always get multiple multipath messages
reporting that a path is down, sometimes even to devices that I have not
removed.  I've tried removing all the SCSI devices (via "echo 1
>/sys/bus/devices/$DEVICE/delete"), flushing the multipath maps,
removing the mpath in question (via "multipathd -k"dep map $mpath"),
prior to unpresenting the LUN or doing a SCSI rescan when presenting a
LUN, all to no avail.

What is proper procedure to completely remove all SCSI devices and
multipath maps so that multipathd will not generate error messages when
the LUN is unpresented from the system?

TIA,

Daniel

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return email
and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading
or saving in any manner.