[dm-devel] FS directly on top of dm devices?

Romanowski, John (OFT) John.Romanowski at oft.state.ny.us
Fri Apr 17 12:20:19 UTC 2009

Partitioning and LVM is optional, depends upon what you want to accomplish.
Sometimes I make the file system directly on the multipathed device, as in
mkfs /dev/mapper/mpatha

Other than having more paths to the LUN it's no different then making a file system on an unpartitioned scsi device as in
mkfs /dev/sda