[dm-devel] multipath says about wrong disk size, after present a EVA 4000 disk

Javier Barroso javibarroso at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 07:44:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

We are having trouble with a multipath debian etch installation with
EVA 4000 conection.

Sometimes, later present a disk multipath read him size bad.

The last time, I present a 20 GB disk and multipath see a 200GB disk
with the same UUID.

I had to unpresent the disk, and present to another (blade) server and
there it worked fine.

After I pressent the disk I exec
echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host/host0/issue_lip
echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host/host1/issue_lip

So, my question is, how can I force multipath to reload this info ?

Is it a known issue in etch multipath release (4.7)?

Thank you