[dm-devel] Sun StorageTek 2530 and dm?

Charlie Brady charlieb-dm-devel at budge.apana.org.au
Mon Aug 24 15:41:34 UTC 2009

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009, Jakov Sosic wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 21:05:36 +0200
> Jakov Sosic <jakov.sosic at srce.hr> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have StorageTek 2530 storage, which has two controllers. On host
>> side I have LSI LOGIC two SAS port cards. I've connected one cable
>> from LSI port1 to StorageTek ControllerA, and second SAS cable from
>> LSI port2 to StorageTek ControllerB.
>
> OK. I've solved it - it seems that Linux host type in initiator
> configuration is not turning on AVT on controllers. Instead, I had to
> choose "Solaris (with Veritas DMP or other)", and now everything works!
>
> Thank you, and hope this helps to others too.

I know that other people here will know more detail, but I think you have
another alternative which might be superior.

Instead of changing the initiator configuration to use AVT, you should
tune the device mapper to use RDAC.

To do that, I think you will need to adjust both the multipathd
configuration and recompile the scsi_dh_rdac kernel module after adding
support for "SUN"/"LCSM100_S".

Here's the RDAC multipath.conf I am using with a StorageTek 2510:

http://www.linux-archive.org/device-mapper-development/323661-multipathd-configuration-sun-storagetek-2510-a.html