[dm-devel] Re: New kernel shared snapshots

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Wed Aug 26 02:25:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, August 26, 2009 12:02 pm, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:43:33AM -0400, Mikulas Patocka wrote:
>>
>> I mean, if I have function
>> static struct some_structure *some_function(int a, int b, int c,
>>                                             int d, long long e,
>>                                             struct blablabla *p)
>
> Don't align additional paramter lines to after the opening brace,
> but always two tabs from column zero, e.g.
>
> static struct some_structure *some_function(int a, int b, int c,
> 		int d, long long e, struct blablabla *p)
>
> also much easier to edit, especially if the function name and/or return
> type changes.

(bike shedding alert!)

Can't say I agree with that.  I think the content of a parethesised
group should always be to the right of the opening parenthesis unless
that paranthesis (or bracket or brace) is at the end of the line.
So:

static struct some_structure *some_function(
        int a, int b, int c, int d,
        long long e, struct blablabal *p)

would be a better option.
Though in this case I would got for: