[dm-devel] Sun StorageTek 2530 and dm?

Charlie Brady charlieb-dm-devel at budge.apana.org.au
Thu Aug 27 16:02:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009, Jakov Sosic wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:01:36 -0400 (EDT)
> Charlie Brady <charlieb-dm-devel at budge.apana.org.au> wrote:
>
>> My mistake, sorry. I was looking at 5.3.
>>
>> RHEL 5.4 does contain these:
>>
>> 1219949016-15055-5-git-send-email-mchristi at redhat.com
>> 20090514045648.10947.8280.sendpatchset at squad5-lp1.lab.bos.redhat.com
>
> Can I just try the multipath with kernel from 5.4 beta on 5.3?

You can use the 5.4beta kernel with 5.3. However, that kernel does not
contain support for the 2530 in the scsi_dh_rdac module. You would need to
patch the module. However, I have a src rpm which updates just that
module. I will send it to you, with rebuild instructions.

> Is there a need to upgrade the device-mapper-multipath too, or are these
> kernel patches enough to test if this is going to work in my case?

You don't need to upgrade device-mapper-multipath to include a default
configuration for the 2530, but you would need to add a device stanza in
multipath.conf. There might be other reasons to upgrade
device-mapper-multipath to the RH5.4 version - I haven't checked the
changelog.

---
Charlie