[dm-devel] [multipath] meaning of "no_path_retry nn"

Moger, Babu Babu.Moger at lsi.com
Fri Aug 28 15:42:26 UTC 2009

This is how the time is calculated.
Total queing time =  nn* polling_interval.

For example
	polling_interval        10
	no_path_retry 		5

This will queue-up the i/os for 50 seconds. You should see i/o error after 50 seconds in case of all path failure.

However, this may not work in all the distros. We have seen problems with this feature. Looks like upstream tool has fixed this problem.

Thanks
Babu Moger