[dm-devel] Too many paths from multipath?

Jose Nuno Neto j.neto at eib.org
Wed Dec 2 17:57:08 UTC 2009

Ok that seems right, but on my case I have 4connections per HBA total of
8per Lun

The info I got regarding zoning is that each HBA is connected/zoned to
only one Storage controller
So that would make 2connections per Lun

What I suspect is that the Fabric here is made of 4switchs and that
makes 4x plus. The SAN people just configured it with a generic "big"
fabric zoning just one connection. but Linux shoes 4. could this be the
reason?

Jakov Sosic wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 16:45 +0100, Jose Nuno Neto wrote:
>

>> I have 2 HBAs connected to one LUN on a Hitachi Storage. Only two
>> connections have been zoned
>>

> If one connection goes to one switch, and that switch is connected to
> two controllers on the storage, then you'll see two paths on that HBA in
> your host. If you have two HBA's and second is connected to second
> switch, which is also connected to two controllers of the stroage, then
> you'll see 4 of them.
>
> That is the situation in my company. It goes like this:
>

>              ________Hitachi controller0
>             /
> HOST----switch0
>             \
>              \_______Hitachi controller1

Les informations contenues dans ce message et/ou ses annexes sont
reservees a l'attention et a l'utilisation de leur destinataire et peuvent etre
confidentielles. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, vous etes
informes que vous l'avez recu par erreur et que toute utilisation en est
interdite. Dans ce cas, vous etes pries de le detruire et d'en informer la
Banque Europeenne d'Investissement.

The information in this message and/or attachments is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this transmittal in error and that any use of it is prohibited. In
such a case please delete this message and kindly notify the European
Investment Bank accordingly.