[dm-devel] Re: [git pull] device-mapper patches for 2.6.29

Cheng Renquan (程任全) crquan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 03:15:58 UTC 2009

2009/1/6 Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org>:

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
>>
>> Please pull from:
>>
>>   master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-2.6-dm.git
>>
>> to get the following device-mapper patches for 2.6.29:
>
> Oh no, this is totally broken, and doesn't compile even with my fairly
> minimal install:
>
>  drivers/md/dm-target.c: In function 'dm_unregister_target':
>  drivers/md/dm-target.c:106: error: implicit declaration of function 'module_refcount'
>
> Not pulled.
>
>                Linus

That's my fault, module_refcount can only be used if
CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD defined according to <linux/module.h>,

So now maybe we can add a null macro to module_refcount if
CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD undefined?

--
Cheng Renquan (程任全), Shenzhen, China
Paula Poundstone  - "I don't have a bank account because I don't know