[dm-devel] Patchwork and patch flow

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 01:00:12 UTC 2009

Patchwork states for kernel patches.

Awaiting Upstream
- Will go upstream at the next opportunity, which normally means it is included
  in the linux-next tree.

Under Review
- The patch is included in my 'editing' tree at:
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/agk/patches/2.6/editing/
  and is awaiting Reviewed-by and Tested-by signoffs.
  It may or may not also be in -mm.

A Delegate assigned - this person is performing (or co-ordinating) the main
review of the patch.

Accepted
- It's not clear how best to use this state.  To start with, we'll try using
it as the final state when a patch arrives in Linus's git.

So New->Under Review->Awaiting Upstream->Accepted.  Then it will get 'archived'.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com