[dm-devel] How does multipath tool handle Lun remapping?

谢纲 xiegang112 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 08:42:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

multipath path tool use the external program, such as scsi_id in udev,
to get the id of the lun. But how does it handle the lun remapping?
For example, at first, thiere is a lun in array:lun1, it is mapped to
host with lun id 11. On the host, I use the multipath program to
generate a multipath device for this lun. Then I unmap lun1 and
another lun: lun2 which is mapped to the host with the same lun id 11.
In this situation, it seems that the multipath tool could not notice
that there is a change of lun even after recreate the multipath
device, is that true?

Thanks,

--
Xie Gang