[dm-devel] Question regarding multipath WWID

Lavannya swap_project at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 19:01:26 UTC 2009

Hi,

Recently  I am trying to test few  luns with multipath , in two of my

test server.  I worked throughly with PowerPath.

I have few questions on multipath:

    -  what is the logic redhat is using  to create the WWID
       and what are the fields involved

    -  I am trying to test with the shared luns  (devices) between
       two nodes.  How i will identify  the device id in multipath.
       Though  as per Redhat ,  they are telling WWID is the identifier.
       But how i will identify the device id in the WWID?
       It is very much needed specially for shared luns.  In PowerPath,
       generally  all the devices  are  identified  by the
       lun id  /device id  then ,
       I use the Pseudo name (linux), for configuring the devices.  I will
       assume  that WWID is similar  as Pseudoid. If not, pl. correct me.

    -  Where can i match the device id in the WWID..

It will be really appreciated  , if someone clears  all my questions.

Thanks in advance.