[dm-devel] Question regarding multipath WWID

Lavannya swap_project at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 18:44:37 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 6/10/09, christophe.varoqui at free.fr <christophe.varoqui at free.fr> wrote:

Thanks so much for your clarifications.  Yes,  I am thorough with EMC PowerPath, now trying to check the multipath functionalities.

Here is another question, when I am using "user_friendly_names" in multipath configuraiton, without using any 'alias', I am getting the "bindings'  file after executing 'multipath'.  But  when I am using "alias" in the configuration file, the bindings file is not being generated.  Though in the man page says  "alias" will update the "multipath" names.

So should I assume that when "alias" is being used bindings file will not be generated ?  Or is there something wrong I did in my configuration file?

Thanks in advance again.