[dm-devel] mechanism for multipath to pass information to hardware handler

Chandra Seetharaman sekharan at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 26 19:45:09 UTC 2009

Yes, Mike Christie and I were aware of this and it was one of the issue
we were trying to resolve before we pushed scsi_dh interface upstream.
(It is little complicated as we need the parameters to be set per
vendor-product tuple).

The original code I ported to scsi_dh interface was from Ed Goggin(who
was working for EMC then). IIRC, he was also aware of this issue.

When we pushed scsi_dh interface, we did get few of the EMC folks (on
Cc) to review/test the code and they did, and this issue was not seen as
a problem.

We wanted to get back to that issue sometime later, got busy with other
things, and it disappeared from my list of things-to-do as the
regression was not seen as an issue (till now :)... I will get back to
it.

chandra