[dm-devel] multipath-tools with iSCSI

Konrad Rzeszutek konrad at virtualiron.com
Fri Mar 6 16:07:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 09:18:40AM +0100, Gustav Siegel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have to connect iSCSI storage via multiple pathes on my Server.
> My question is, if I need some different settings for iSCSI instead to FC?

You shouldn't need to - mulitpathd handles iSCSI, FC, local disks, SAS SAN
the same way. Unless the storage in question isn't in the list
when you type multipathd -k'show config'. If the vendor/product regular
expressions don't match then you might need an entry in multipath.conf.

Most of the time vendors provide a User Guide explaining what needs
to be added to multipaht.conf