[dm-devel] configure MD3000 episode 2

Konrad Rzeszutek konrad at virtualiron.com
Tue Mar 24 14:47:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:29:13AM -0400, Thomas Witzel wrote:
> Okay, I'm looking for a man page:
> man -k hotplug finds nothing
>
> I'm looking for the file you mentioned:
> ls /sbin/hotplug
> ls: cannot access /sbin/hotplug: No such file or directory
>
> I'm looking for a package to install related to hotplug:
>
> apt-cache search hotplug
> libxi-dev - X11 Input extension library (development headers)
> libxi6 - X11 Input extension library
> libxi6-dbg - X11 Input extension library (debug package)
> fxload - Firmware download to EZ-USB devices
> libaws-dev - Ada Web Server development files
> atmel-firmware - Firmware for Atmel at76c50x wireless networking chips.
>
> Seems like there is NOTHING on ubuntu even remotely called hotplug,
> except /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug

I am looking at my Debian box, and it looks as if the initrd
/scripts/init-premount/udev does start the udev daemon. And the
/etc/udev/rules.d has many rules.

Sorry for leading you on this chase.

> which is not a configuration file.

When you create the initrd, does the initrd have your multipathd and
its rules?

> What distribution are you using ?

RHEL, FC, Ubuntu, Debian and SLES. But I haven't dug in the initrd of Debian/Ubuntu
so I can't much help there :-(