[dm-devel] multipath daemon versions in RHEL5.3 vs. the upstream version

Eyal Gordon eyal.gordon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 12:35:00 UTC 2009

Greetings,

A few questions:
1. I understand that the RHEL5.3 multipath daemon version is based on
tag 0.4.7 from the multipath-tools git repository (the rpm name is
device-mapper-multipath-0.4.7-23.el5_3.4). Is my understanding
correct?
2. Are there major differences between the latest stable upstream
version and the RHEL5.3 version? Same question regarding differences
between latest development version and RHEL5.3.
3. Is the latest upstream version of multipathd compliant with the
(rather old) RHEL5.3? I would appreciate if anyone who has tried this
would share the experience.

Thanks,
 Eyal