[dm-devel] multipathd support for non-SCSI devices (AOE)?

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Tue Oct 27 07:10:56 UTC 2009

 Hello,

  I was playing with ATA-over-Ethernet lately and to my sadness, multipathd
seem to ignore aoe devices. I've traced it to followingg error:

Oct 20 09:05:52 | Discover device /sys/block/etherd!e0.0
Oct 20 09:05:52 | path /sys/block/etherd!e0.0/device not present

  AOE devices don't have "device" file or symlink in their sysfs directories.
I've found one mailing list message from 2005 stating that multipath tools are
designed to be general, but current implementation is SCSI-only.
  Has the situation changed recently, or am I out of luck trying to multipath
AOE devices?
  I'm using device-mapper-multipath-0.4.9-5.fc12.x86_64

--
Tomasz Torcz                 Morality must always be based on practicality.
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl                -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen