[dm-devel] patches for 2.6.33

Kiyoshi Ueda k-ueda at ct.jp.nec.com
Tue Feb 16 02:01:31 UTC 2010

Hi Alasdair, Mikulas,

Sorry for the late reply.

On 02/11/2010 02:25 AM +0900, Mikulas Patocka wrote:
> I went through the patches in Alasdair's patchset and tried to sort them
> for seriousness. These should be sent immediatelly (before 2.6.33):
<snip>
> multipath patches
> - let Kiyoshi Ueda decide, I am not familiar with mpath well enough

http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/76618/
  - Fixes a serious bug (system stall) of request-based dm.
    No bug report yet, but I can reproduce it on my box.
    It has been existing since 2.6.31-rc1.
  - Should be sent for 2.6.33
  - Should be sent to -stable, too

dm-mpath-wait-for-pg_init-completion-when-suspending.patch # 76027
  - Fixes a possible serious bug (panic).
    But no bug report, I don't have any producer, and
    some cosmetic dependencies on other patches.
  - No need to send for 2.6.33 nor -stable for now.

Some other patches fix some minor bugs which display unnecessary
I/O errors, but such I/O errors have no serious effect.
So no need to send for 2.6.33 nor -stable.

Thanks,
Kiyoshi Ueda