[dm-devel] Online disk size change and Linux

Daniel Olops daniel at olops.eti.br
Tue Jan 19 15:42:37 UTC 2010

Sorry if this is off-topic... but if anyone could help, it'd be good.

Is Linux (more specifically Red Hat EL 5.4) able to recognize _disk_ size
changes online? We have some HP servers with QLogic HBAs connected to an EVA
4000 Storage, with multipathing properly set up. These disks can be resized
online, but only after a reboot that RHEL recognizes the change. I've been
trying to find any information about it, but to no avail.

Regards,

Daniel Olops