[dm-devel] understanding of multipathing and speed

bart.coninckx at telenet.be bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Tue Jul 6 08:59:10 UTC 2010

I'm afraid not, the values are lower than while doing a bonnie++ test locally on the storage server. I have to dig deep into memory, but I believe they were about 120 MB/sec locally and 80 MB/sec across iSCSI and multipathing. Eventhough this is a Gigabit connections, I guess the TCP overhead "steals" 30%. But with multipathing I would expect 120MB/sec again.

----- Originele e-mail  -----