[dm-devel] Rescan for new LUNs

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:49:22 UTC 2010

echo '- - -' > /sys/class/scsi_host/hostX/scan should be enough to
discover new Luns.

For some unknown reason, with some specific SAN storage  arrays (HP XP
in my case) , for newly SAN connected servers (new  zoning), it is not
enough.

I have to  issue lip (loop init) to my FC hosts

echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host/hostX/issue_lip

This lip command can be destructive(and is asynchronous) , so use it
only before first SAN discovery. After that as I said, scan is enough.

Brem