[dm-devel] kernel update and dmraid causing grub errors

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Nov 3 22:57:00 UTC 2010

On 11/03/2010 07:04 AM, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:
> - host protected area changes going together with the kernel changes
>   (eg. the "Error 24: Attempt to access block outside partition");
>   try the libata.ignore_hpa kernel paramaters described
>   in the kernel source Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
>   to test for this one

Heinz,

	I have testing with both libata.ignore_hpa=0 (default) and libata.ignore_hpa=1
(ignore limits, using full disk), but there is no change. I still get grub Error
24: (this is also with a newer 2.6.36-3 kernel). So I'm stumped again. If you
have any other ideas, please let me know. I'm happy to test on this end.

	I have gone ahead and made the metadata available in case it will help. I have
also included the fdisk info as well:

  http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/bugs/dmraid/dmraid.nvidia/

  http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/bugs/dmraid/fdisk-l-info-20100817.txt

Thank you for your help.