[dm-devel] SMP aware kcryptd

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Mon Sep 27 11:20:12 UTC 2010

On 09/27/2010 07:37 AM, baishakhi ray wrote:
> I was looking for some patch which enables multicore support for dm-crypt.
> I came to see this mail in your archive.
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2009-April/msg00151.html

Search for the thread from Andi Kleen on this list and my answer
https://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2010-July/msg00118.html

Mentioned patches are still not in Alasdair's tree but I have version
for (ongoing) review and for older kernels (with some small fixes I found)
here http://mbroz.fedorapeople.org/dm-crypt/

There is one problem with async crypto left but otherwise it is stable
(I am using it myself for weeks).

I hope it will reach 2.6.37 (with some other changes I want to do in dm-crypt).
(Also read the discussion I mentioned - it will not help in situation when only
one process generates all crypt IOs.)

Milan