[dm-devel] training mpath to discern between SCSI errors

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Fri Jan 14 07:45:04 UTC 2011

On 01/14/2011 02:09 AM, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17 2010 at  9:06am -0500,
> Mike Snitzer <snitzer at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 17 2010 at  4:47am -0500,
>> Hannes Reinecke <hare at suse.de> wrote:

>>> yes, will be following shortly.

>>> Ok, thanks.
>>
>> I took some steps at furthering your work.  Here is the cover letter to
>> the patches I resently sent to dm-devel:
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2010-December/msg00090.html
>>
>> And here are the patches:
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/384612/
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/384602/
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/390882/
>>
>> Please feel free to change these how ever you see fit but your feedback
>> is really appreciated.
>
> Hannes,
>
> Any update?  I'd really like to see this work get upstream ASAP.  I'm
> doubtful that is possible for 2.6.38 given the merge window is likely to
> close shortly.

Sorry for the late answer; the above patches somehow got lost in my
various mail folders :-(

But yes, the patchset looks okay.
Feel free to add my Acked-by: to last two.

> Regardless, if we could get consensus on this work now and then stage it
> with James that would be great.

Indeed. Will you resend it to linux-scsi or shall I do it?

Cheers,

Hannes
hare at suse.de			      +49 911 74053 688
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)