[dm-devel] multipath: change the DEFAULT_MINIO for the request based multipath

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 08:47:07 UTC 2011

> Fortunately, the target version of multipath was also bumped
> in 2.6.31, from 1.0.5 to 1.1.0 by this commit:
>
> af4874e v2.6.31-rc1 dm target:s introduce iterate devices fn

Fortunate indeed.

Should the 'minio' be a tunable in the request-based multipath context,
or should we hardcode its value to '1' ?

If we keep it a tunable, I guess we'll have to introduce a different
'minio' configuration parameter ('rr_min_io_rq' for example) to permit
vendors to set their defaults for distributions shipping a rq-capable
kernel or not. This change would be pretty invasive.

Please advise.
--
Christophe Varoqui <christophe.varoqui at opensvc.com>
OpenSVC