[dm-devel] Announcement: new device-mapper thin provisioning target with infrastructure online for review

Joe Thornber thornber at redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 08:29:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 15:07 -0500, Phillip Susi wrote:
> I assume that meta_dev can't, but can data_dev be shared between
> multiple thin-prov targets?

Nope, we're working on a target which does allow multiple
thinp/snapshots to be stored in the same metadata and data volumes.

With the thinp target the idea is to allocate very little excess space
in the data volume, and allow dm-eventd to automatically do the resizing
as it grows (Alasdair's currently working on the userland tools).

- Joe