[dm-devel] device mapper not finding all devices

David Cramblett david at functionalchaos.net
Tue Jul 19 20:48:25 UTC 2011

Thanks for the response. I did figured out the issue a few days ago.
This was a CentOS 5.6 system, and 2.6.18 was the newest kernel I could
get for that distribution.  They did just release CentOS 6.0 and I was
trying to prepare for a migration when this issue arose.

I didn't even think I was using dmraid. Turns out that I created a
dmraid set a long time ago and then decided to replace with a spanned
logical volume.  I guess the metadata  was still on the disks and for
some reason it didn't bite me until I upgraded some software (not sure
which package it was) or made some type of change.  I deactivated
dmraid on the drives and the problem was gone.

Thanks!

David

--
David Cramblett