[dm-devel] Compiling multipath-tools

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Wed May 25 10:56:17 UTC 2011

Hi, I am trying to use kernel 2.6.37.6 and build the latest version of multipath-tools. I have downloaded the source from http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr/multipath-tools/multipath-tools-0.4.9.tar.bz2 which compiles fine; though when I try and create the RPM I see:

Processing files: multipath-tools-__VERSION__-1
error: File not found by glob: /var/tmp/multipath-tools-__VERSION__-1-buildroot/lib/multipath/*.so
Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /var/tmp/multipath-tools-__VERSION__-1-buildroot
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
/lib64/libmultipath.so.0
/lib64/multipath/libcheckcciss_tur.so
/lib64/multipath/libcheckdirectio.so
/lib64/multipath/libcheckemc_clariion.so
/lib64/multipath/libcheckhp_sw.so
/lib64/multipath/libcheckrdac.so
/lib64/multipath/libcheckreadsector0.so
/lib64/multipath/libchecktur.so
/lib64/multipath/libprioalua.so
/lib64/multipath/libprioconst.so
/lib64/multipath/libpriodatacore.so
/lib64/multipath/libprioemc.so
/lib64/multipath/libpriohds.so
/lib64/multipath/libpriohp_sw.so
/lib64/multipath/libprionetapp.so
/lib64/multipath/libpriorandom.so
/lib64/multipath/libpriordac.so

What I am attempting to achieve is the ability to use a newer kernel with the latest multipath and open-iscsi toolsets.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

--
Thanks, Phil