[dm-devel] logfs: kernel NULL dereference

Witold Baryluk baryluk at smp.if.uj.edu.pl
Wed Sep 14 19:01:13 UTC 2011

On 09-14 20:34, Jörn Engel wrote:
> Forwarded to dm-devel.  Problem is a NULL pointer dereference in
> kcryptd_io_read, which is triggered when mounting logfs.  If someone
> with device mapper knowledge could have a look, that would be useful.
>
> On Wed, 14 September 2011 20:24:25 +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I can reliably reproduce the problem with the following, based on
> > your description:
> >
> > truncate -s 0 foo
> > truncate -s 1G foo
> > losetup -v -f foo
> > cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/loop0
> > cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/loop0 foo
> > pvcreate /dev/mapper/foo
> > vgcreate our_volume /dev/mapper/foo
> > lvcreate -L 128M -n logfstest our_volume
> > yes yes | mklogfs /dev/mapper/our_volume-logfstest
> > mount /dev/mapper/our_volume-logfstest /mnt/

I think this can be minimized to

echo secret > keyfile
truncate -s 0 foo
truncate -s 1G foo
losetup -v -f foo
cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/loop0 ./keyfile
cryptsetup --key-file ./keyfile luksOpen /dev/loop0 bar
yes yes | mklogfs /dev/mapper/bar
mount /dev/mapper/bar /mnt/

> > It is a bit annoying that cryptsetup cannot easily be scripted.
Look above.

Rest of crypto behaviour is rather strange.

--
Witold Baryluk
JID: witold.baryluk // jabster.pl