[dm-devel] dm-loop and kernel 3.x

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 14:46:27 UTC 2012

On 08/08/2012 03:33 PM, Matt Coleman wrote:
> I just tried (unsuccessfully) to apply the dm-loop patches to kernel
> 3.2.0. dm-bio-list-helpers.patch failed to apply because

Out of interest, what features where you particularly interested in in
dm-loop today? The original motivation was performance and to break the
limit on the maximum number of loop devices (both of which are now
somewhat less of a problem for the main loop driver) so the main benefit
today seems to be to have loopback support as a native dm target
(avoiding the need for two block devices to use loop files).

Regards,
Bryn.