[dm-devel] dm thin provision, pool full

Marcus Sorensen marcus at acedatacenter.com
Mon Jan 9 23:36:48 UTC 2012

You guys probably already know about this, but I was playing with kernel
3.2.0 and the device mapper thin provisioned snapshots, and it doesn't
seem like there is any sort of error implemented when the pool is full.
I was running some write tests, and one of them just seemed to go into
eternal D state. Checking iostat showed disks were idle. Running a
'dmsetup status' returned the following:

thin: 0 41943040 thin 39832576 41943039
pool: 0 41943040 thin-pool 0 622/243968 81920/81920 -

that 81920/81920 is reporting data blocks in use/total blocks, correct?