[dm-devel] [Lsf-pc] [LSF/MM TOPIC] a few storage topics

Darrick J. Wong djwong at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 18 22:58:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:36:48PM +0100, Jan Kara wrote:
> On Tue 17-01-12 15:06:12, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> > 5) Any more progress on stable pages?
> >    - I know Darrick Wong had some proposals, what remains?
>   As far as I know this is done for XFS, btrfs, ext4. Is more needed?

Yep, it's done for those three fses.

I suppose it might help some people if instead of wait_on_page_writeback we
could simply page-migrate all the processes onto a new page...?

Or possibly modify md-raid5 not to snapshot dirty pages prior to xor/write?
(I never really bothered to find out if it really does this.)

--D