[dm-devel] RHEL6.2: path failures during good path I/O

Christian May cmay at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jun 18 10:03:39 UTC 2012

Sorry, I did a mistake when testing with RHEL6.1....the multipath daemon
was stopped.
So, also with RHEL6.1. I've noticed path failures. I'm trying to do some
more testing - maybe it's related to
I/O workload. For my regular tests I'm attaching 10 SCSI LUns to the
host system via two pathes.
On each multipath device 4 partitions will be created. Five multipath
devices are going to be used for filesystem I/O, the remaining five for
block I/O.
Currently I have just fs-I/O started and so far - 1h - no path failures
occured. I will start block I/O later....

My guess why it could be device-mapper related is based on SLES11SP1
bugzilla 62249 multipath-tools: multipath device path failure without
error injection.