[dm-devel] [fail][unknown] error on multipath

Oliver Rojo oliver.rojo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:02:51 UTC 2012

hi,

Would like to seek support on my current problem. We are currently running
a NFS server on a clustered environment under RHEL 5.6. LUN disks are being
presented into both cluster nodes via DM-Multipathing which is being used
as NFS share. However, everytime I am testing NFS package failover,
failover always fails and upon checking the multipath (multipath -ll), it
shows that the LUN disk affected has "[fail][unknown]" error. The only
workaround that is being done is to present/unpresent the LUN disk to have
it [ready][undef] state.

Thank you!

Oliver