[dm-devel] dm-bufio

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 11:10:23 UTC 2012

Dne 23.3.2012 12:01, Kasatkin, Dmitry napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> When using dm-bufio and dm-io in general, how to ensure that all dirty
> buffers are written to the storage when machine reboots?
> suspend hooks could be used, but they are not called on reboot, only
> when suspending/removing the target...

You mean you reboot without running  'sync' command?

And yes - on reboot you should properly unmount devices - so you should
see removal of target on your shutdown sequence -  I believe Fedora currently
tries to support switch to some shutdown ramdisk, so all filesystem and
devices might be properly unmounted and destroyed.

Zdenek