[dm-devel] mpath_prio_rdac?

Hart, Brian R. brianhart at ou.edu
Fri Mar 23 14:41:33 UTC 2012

All,

I've been trying to figure this out and have not been able to locate any information on this.  I hope that I'm not just overlooking something silly...

We have a couple of Dell MD storage arrays that when installed setup multipath.conf to use this line:
        prio_callout          "/sbin/mpath_prio_rdac /dev/%n"

Now, in RHEL5 and Debian Lenny this mpath_prio_rdac file exists.  However, in the newer distro releases this file seems to be completely gone and I cannot find any reference to it in any packages.  Has this functionality been replaced some how?  Should this line really be different or is multipath handling it differently where it just ignores this line anyways in newer versions?

I would greatly appreciate any light that could be shed on the subject.  Thanks in advance!

-- Brian Hart