[dm-devel] [Bcache v13 07/16] Closures

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Fri May 18 10:02:47 UTC 2012

> Well, I can definitely understand your reservations about the code; it's
> strange and foreign and complicated. But having beaten my head against
> the various problems and difficulties inherent in asynchronous
> programming for years - well, having found a way to make it sane to me
> it'd be madness to go back.

I think its more of a different paradigm than complicated. The big
question I'd have to ask is how does it fit with hard real time. That is
a big issue given the gradual merging and getting of "hard" real time
into the kernel proper.

In some ways it's not that strange either. A look at what happens on some
of our kref handling in drivers is very similar but hardcoded.

Is the handling of priority inversion within closures a well understood
and solved problem ?

Alan