[dm-devel] [Question] How to make a patch?

Akira Hayakawa ruby.wktk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 23:47:11 UTC 2013

On 8/10/13 8:22 AM, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> At this stage, create a patch based against a released -rc kernel
> from Linus.
>
> If you use the linux-dm tree, then you can pick the tag v3.11-rc3,
> for example, which is the last time we updated.

Thanks for your response.

And I have a further question.

Do you mean
making a patch against rc4 in linux-next is not preferred?
I think if doing so,
the patch will be unable to apply to linux-dm
which I believe one going to be suggested to Linus.

I think I am going to make my patch against
v3.11-rc3 in linux-dm.
But, patching on kernel as fresh as possible
would make sense more.