[dm-devel] Kernel oops with dm-cache

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Mon Dec 9 10:42:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 10:38:14AM +0000, Joe Thornber wrote:
> My gut feel is you're running out of metadata space for some reason.
> How big is your metadata device?  (Obviously this is no excuse for the
> crashing).

It's 512MB.

> I'm really surprised that cache_dump is giving wrong information;
> saying everything is clean, saying you were using the cleaner policy
> etc.  Are you sure you're passing it the right metadata dev?

Yes, I'm positive. There's only one metadata device on the system.

I've sent you a link off-list where you can get a dump of it. If needed,
I might be able to give you remote access to the system, but it's via
serial console and might be a bit painful. (I doubt you'd want to use the
IPMI in the server unless you should happen to be a fan of Internet Explorer.)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/