[dm-devel] dm-thinp BUG at drivers/md/persistent-data/dm-btree-remove.c:188

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 02:34:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 06:07:56PM -0800, Eric Wheeler wrote:
> Does this indicate a corrupt volume or metadata volume?

It could be a software bug.
It is always worth trying the newest code, but I don't spot any
obvious change that could be related to this.

> Let me know what other data I can collect, if any.  The VM seems to hang
> every few hours or so but I'm not sure what triggers it yet.

Please provide the basic parameters of the device e.g.
  dmsetup info -c
  dmsetup table
  dmsetup status

and then I think we'll probably want to see your metadata (or
the relevant part of it) at the point where it hangs.

The trace shows it's applying a 'discard' to the metadata and releasing
blocks when the problem occurs.

Alasdair