[dm-devel] dm-thin btree and incremental backup issue

Joe Thornber thornber at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 08:39:45 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 10:41:31AM +0800, Teng-Feng Yang wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am currently implementing an incremental backup tool of
> dm-thin-provisioning volumes based on this post

Well done!  I've been meaning to do this for ages.  Is your code
published so I can help out?

> (https://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2012-May/msg00140.html).
> I clone the latest thin-provisioning-tools from github and use ubuntu
> 13.04 (linux 3.8.0-19) as host OS. However, as I try to perform some
> stress tests on my backup tool, I find a weird output of thin_dump
> which I cannot be sure if it is a bug or not.

Yep, it's a bug, and was fixed on Friday.

https://github.com/jthornber/thin-provisioning-tools/commit/e701b966427111f50fee21ae3d9eb5703268152c
https://github.com/jthornber/thin-provisioning-tools/commit/fe8e1592a98abc580750aaa4ad5c20a496646d4f

However I suggest you stick to the tagged 0.1.4 release (there is a
new release due in the next couple of days).

- Joe