[dm-devel] dm-cache warming

Dave Pitts dpitts at cozx.com
Fri Jul 26 15:24:16 UTC 2013

Hello:

I've been trying to do some performance testing for a client and can't seem to
get the dm-cache warmed. The values displayed in the "dmsetup status" command
seem too low. I've been trying to use the "raw" devices setup for the cache and
NOT use a file system or database. I've tried sequential writes/reads to the
devices (ie. dd ) and dividing up the space to be tested and do I/O over a
number of segments to try to break any sequential I/O tests. Any ideas as to
what I may doing wrong? Do I need to randomize the I/O?

System: RHEL 7.0 Alpha3, 3.9.7 kernel

Thanks in advance..

--
Dave Pitts             PULLMAN: Travel and sleep in safety and comfort.
dpitts at cozx.com