[dm-devel] kernel crash with multipath-tools v0.4.7

Praveen Dhanasekaran - PTI praveend at promise.com
Mon Jun 17 08:56:54 UTC 2013

Hello Dr. Hannes,

   Thanks for your reply. We are trying to help a customer on this issue who want to use our RAID storage to
store video files. The customer is using a special Video Capture/Encoding hardware and Video workflow
supported only for kernel 2.6.26. The vendor of this video solution is no longer there and has closed down.
The customer has spent more than $300K on this proprietary video solution that they cannot move to the
latest kernel and is stuck with it.

   Since updating the kernel is not possible, somehow I want to provide a targeted workaround for this issue.

Thanks,
Praveen