[dm-devel] write intent bitmap on external disk

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Mon Jun 10 09:14:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

I think it would be helpfull to improve i/o performance of my server if
I put the RAID-1 write intent map on a seperate disk (an SSD).

It is unclear to me how to do this.
I tried setting it to /dev/VGJOURNALS/LVWRITEINTENT but that fails: I
would expect a device to work?
Because if I put a filesystem on LVWRITEINTENT then mount it on e.g.
/var/wib, then how does the initramfs know how to set this up?

Folkert van Heusden

--
To MultiTail einai ena polymorfiko ergaleio gia ta logfiles kai tin
eksodo twn entolwn. Prosferei: filtrarisma, xrwmatismo, sygxwneysi,